Working in the Reserve provides valuable opportunities to learn about our native bushland, and its resident flora and fauna, whilst contributing to its preservation and maintenance for future generations.
We are progressively removing encroaching weeds such as:
- Sallow Wattle
- Sweet Pittosporum
- Pink-Berry Heath
- numerous agricultural grasses.
This week removal also contributes to reducing the fire risk within the Reserve.
YOU can greatly help by ensuring that:
- no chemicals find their way into the creek and Bay via the storm water system
- garden waste does not find its way into the Reserve, contributing to the weed load
- your dogs are on a leash when walking them, and that you pick up their watse
- your cats are confined to your property…
…as these factors have a huge impact on the local fauna.